WBBSE (West Bengal Board of Secondary Education) conducts the West Bengal Madhyamik examination. The examination committee of West Bengal board monitors the activities related to the Madhyamik Pariksha (secondary examination). WB Madhyamik board exam was held from February 18, 2020 to February 27, 2020.
About postponement of WB Madhyamik 10th Result 2020
- On March 22, 2020 WBBSE, instructed the teachers to put the scheduled process of submission of marks on hold. Kalyanmoy Ganguly, Board President has declared that the examiners are required to postpone submitting the WB Board Class 10 exam 2020 marks and answer scripts until further notice by the Board.
- The decision to hold the result has been taken due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- The WBBSE Class 10 examiners are supposed to handover the double checked answer scripts to their respective head examiners from early on next week (on the hope that situation improves next week).
- Then it will be be checked and scrutinised by the head examiners and will be submitted to the Board after tabulation of marks.
Important dates and events of WB Madhyamik 10th Result
|First language||February 18, 2020|
|Second language||February 19, 2020|
|Geography||February 20, 2020|
|History||February 22, 2020|
|Mathematics||February 24, 2020|
|Physical Science||February 25, 2020|
|Life Science||February 26, 2020|
|Optional Elective Subjects||February 27, 2020|
West Bengal Board of Secondary Education came into existence in 1951. It is consequent upon the provisions of an Act of the State Legislature called the West Bengal Secondary Education Act of 1950. On May 3, 1951 the Board was inaugurated by the then Governor of West Bengal Dr.K.N.Katju and it became operational under the Chairmanship of Sri Apurba Kumar Chanda. The Board was created for performing two basic tasks. They are:
1. For regulating, controlling and developing secondary education of the State.
2. For conducting the School Final Examination.
The Board was renamed as West Bengal Board of Secondary Education in 1964, upon the enactment of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education Act 1963.