Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has started with the counselling process for the B.Tech course for the current academic year. The counselling process is done online, keeping in mind the safety of the students. Candidates who were able to make it to the VITEEE 2020 merit list can now apply for the online counselling process. The entire process of counselling will be carried out in four phases, according to the rank list. Check out the details below to participate in the counselling process.
VITEEE 2020 Online Counseling Schedule:
|The Rank of Candidate||The date for Filling Preferences|
|Rank 1 to 20,000||August 10 & 11, 2020|
|Rank 20001 to 60000||August 14 & 15, 2020|
|Rank 60001 to 1 lakh||August 18 & 19, 2020|
|Ranks above 1 lakh||August 22 & 23, 2020|
How to Participate in the VITEEE 2020 Online Counseling Process?
- Visit the official website www.vit.ac.in
- Find the active link titled “Student Login.”
- Enter the login credentials already sent to your registered email id.
- Pay the requisite fee of INR 5000.
- Fill in the VIT Campus choice and the preferred course.
- Lock the choices.
- Wait for the seat allotment.
Essential Points To Keep In Mind
- The online counselling process will be in four phases.
- The schedule has been chalked according to the rank of the candidates.
- The preferences of the VIT Campus and Course are to be filled within two days.
- After that, the seat will be allotted accordingly.
- Candidates who are allotted seats will be given a three-day window to pay the advance admission fee, which is 50% of the tuition fee.
- The last day to pay the fee is 10 September 2020.
- Students have the option to call any VIT campus to talk to trained counsellors and faculty who can help students make the right choice.
- Classes will start as per the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Ministry of Education (MoE) guidelines.
VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is an entrance examination conducted by VIT to offer admission to qualified students in various Engineering UG courses. A total of 125 MCQs are asked of subjects like PCM and five questions for English Aptitude.
VITEEE was cancelled for the current academic year due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The merit list is prepared according to the Class 12 Board results. For further updates, candidates can regularly visit the official website.