Uttar Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test (UPTET) 2020 result has been released online by Pariksha Niyamak Adhikari, Uttar Pradesh on February 7, 2020 at updeled.gov.in
UP Basic Education Board had declared the result on Thursday, February 6. However, the link to download the results was not working. Now the link has been activated, to enable the candidates to check online.
Eligibility criteria for UPTET 2020 exam
The exam has been conducted for two papers – paper I (for classes I to V) and paper II (for classes VI to IX). Candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks to pass the UPTET 2020 exam. The cutoff marks had been decided by the exam conducting authorities. As per the notification, general category candidate will have to score at least 60% marks to pass while the reserved category must score 55% mark. Since the exam of UPTET is conducted for a total of 150 marks, candidates belonging to general and reserved category will have to score as many as 90 and 82.5 out of 150 respectively.
Steps to download the UPTET 2020 Results
Steps to download UPTET result is given below:
- Visit the official website – updeled.gov.in
- Click on UPTET tab.
- Click on UPTET Result link available.
- A login page appears which asks for “Registration number”, “OTP” and “Captcha”. Enter the details and click login.
- UPTET 2020 result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of result.
Events post UPTET 2020 exam
Candidates who passed in the exam will be issued an eligibility certificate. Candidates will have to collect their respective UPTET eligibility certificate from the regional District Institute of Education and Training (DIET) centres. Candidates will have to produce certain documents in order to collect the eligibility certificate of UPTET 2020.
Documents to be produced to collect the eligibility certificate :
- Copy of application form/admit card/result
- Original documents (Aadhaar card, PAN card, driving license, passport, and Voter ID card)
- Caste Certificate
- Special reservation certificate
Candidates will have to submit the above mentioned documents to the DIET (District Institute of Education and Training) centre. They will verify all the documents after which they will distribute the eligibility certificates.
What after passing the exam?
Candidates who passed the exam will be eligible to become teachers in Primary and Upper Primary Schools falling under the following features:
- Central Government schools.
- Local schools headed by State Government.
- Any prestigious school affiliated to the National Education board who possesses No Objection Certificate (NOC) issued by the State Government.