The Union Public Service Commission has released an official notification regarding the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2020 (DAF-I) on 16 November 2020. Candidates who are interested and are eligible to fill the application form must visit the official website – upsc.gov.in before the prescribed last date. The last date to fill the UPSC IFS 2020 DAF-I application form is 27 November 2020.
UPSC IFS 2020 results were declared on 23 October 2020 on the official website. Candidates who still haven’t viewed the result must do so by visiting the official website.
Steps to Apply for UPSC IFS 2020 DAF-I
Candidates who are interested in filling the UPSC IFS 2020 DAF-I application forms must refer to the step mentioned below. A direct link to fill the application form has also been provided for the ease of the candidates:
- Visit the official website – upsc.gov.in
- On the right-hand side of the landing page, find the “What’s New” section.
- Under the section, find the “DAF – I: Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2020” link.
- Click on the link.
- Click on the new registrations button if not registered already.
- Now fill in the required credentials, i.e., Roll Number, Name of the Candidate, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and valid email address.
- Once done, verify everything and enter the security code.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Login again using the login credentials sent to the registered email -Id.
- Proceed further with filling in the application form.
- Upload the necessary documents and pay the application fees.
- Do not forget to save an acknowledgement once dine with filling in the application form.
Candidates must be thorough with the rules and regulations, guidelines and eligibility criteria laid down by UPSC before filling in the application form:
- Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination will be a two-tier examination – a Preliminary screening.
- A main written Examination and Interview will follow the Examination. For screening a fair number of candidates for the 2nd stage of the Examination, viz, Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, all candidates would be required to qualify Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination.
- The number of vacancies to be filled through the Examination is specified in the notice issued by the Commission. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Economically Weaker Sections and persons with benchmark disability in the categories of (a) low vision; (b) Partially deaf; (c) locomotor disability (sub-category: leprosy cured and acid attack victims only) in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
- Every candidate appearing at the Examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six attempts at the Examination:
- The restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates who are otherwise eligible.
- Provided further that the number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes, who are otherwise eligible shall be nine.
- Candidates belonging to persons with benchmark disability will get as many attempts as are available to candidates other than persons with benchmark disability of his or her community. These are subject to the conditions that a person with benchmark disability belonging to the General and EWS Category shall be eligible for nine attempts.