UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) civil services exam 2020 online has released the official notification today i.e., 12th February, Wednesday . It has also released the online application registration form in its official website – upsconline.nic.in
Important Dates and Events of UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020
Below are the important dates for UPSC CSE 2020:
|Issue of Notification||12th February 2020|
|Commencement of submission of online application for UPSC Civil Services Recruitment 2020||12th February 2020|
|Last date for receipt of online application||3rd March 2020|
|Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2020||31st May 2020|
|Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2020||18th September 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020
UPSC CSE eligibility criteria is given below:
- For Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service and Indian Police Service, candidate must be a citizen of India. For other services, a candidate must be either :
- a citizen of India, Bhutan / Nepal /a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 with the intent of settling down permanently.
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma (Myanmar), Pakistan, Malawi, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zaire, Vietnam and Srilanka or Ethiopia with the intention of permanently settling in India. These people must have eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India.
- Candidates belonging to Bhutan, Nepal or Tibetan refugee are not eligible for appointment to Indian Foreign Service.
- Candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university.
- UPSC Civil Services exam 2020 Age Limit – 21 to 32 years as on 1st of August, 2019 . The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable if:
|Category||Upper age limit relaxation|
|Defence service personnel||3 years|
|Persons with benchmark disabilities||10 years|
- “General Category” candidate will be provided only 6 attempts. “OBC category” will be provided 9 attempts.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Preliminary Application Details
Civil Services preliminary exam application form is filled in two parts – Part 1 and 2. The detailed procedure to fill both the parts of application form is given below.
- Visit the official website – upsc.gov.in
- Under “What’s New” section , click on “Exam notification : Civil Services Preliminary Examination, 2020”.
- It will open a new page, click on “Click Here” link given under “Link” section.
- It will redirect to https://upsconline.nic.in/ , where links for filling the form in two parts are given.
- Click on the link “Click Here for PART I”
- Fill in the personal details , educational qualification and address.
- Pay the required amount of fee.
- Choose the center for writing the examination.
- Upload important documents like photo, sign and photo identity card.
- Agree to the declaration.
- A valid registration id will be generated. Use this detail to login in the part II registration form.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Main Application Details
Those who have passed the preliminary exam are eligible to fill the Detailed Application Form (DAF).
UPSC Civil Services exam 2020 selection procedure
The competitive examination comprises of two stages :
- Civil Services Preliminary Examination which is the qualifying exam for selection of candidates for the main exam.
- Civil Services Main Examination (Written test & interview) for the selection of candidates for various services and posts.