The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for Combined Defence Services Examination II (CDS Exam II) 2019
A total of 417 vacancies has been notified under UPSC CDS 2. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for UPSC CDS 2019 from 12th June to 8th July 2019 respectively. The written examination will be held on the 8th of September 2019 for recruitment of candidates for the course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy (OTA).
The Important Dates pertaining to the UPSC CDS 2 2019 are as follows:
- Official Notification and Registration date – 12 June 2019
- Last Date of Registration – 08 July 2019 till 06:00 PM
- CDS 2 Exam Date – 08 September 2019
- CDS 2 Exam Result Date – in the month of December 2019
The UPSC CDS 2 2019 Vacancy Details are as follows:
- Indian Military Academy (INA), Dehradun, 149th (DE) Course commencing in July 2020 – 100 Posts
- Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala – Course commencing in July 2020 Executive – 45 Posts
- Air Force Academy (AFA) – (Pre-Flying), Training Course commencing in July 2020 – 32 Posts
- Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai (Madras) – 225 Posts
Educational Qualifications needed for the UPSC CDS 2 2019 Exam are as follows:
- Indian Military Academy (INA): Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Indian Naval Academy (INA): B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Air Force Academy (AFA): B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university OR degree from a recognized university with Physics & Mathematics as subjects.
- Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
The selection procedure will be done on the basis of national level recruitment test and personality/interview tests. The interested candidates can apply online and access the official memo in its entirety on the official website www.upsc.gov.in.
Union Public Service Commission Combined Defence Services Exam
UPSC CDSE is an acronym for Union Public Service Commission Combined Defence Services Exam. The UPSC CDS Exam is conducted twice a year across the country. The CDS exam 2019 is for those candidates who want to join the Indian Armed Forces i.e Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force as commissioned officers.
The UPSC CDSE 2019 is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. UPSC is responsible for conducting recruitment exam for Class A & Class B employees in Govt. Organisations.
Written Exam – The CDS exam 2019 is conducted for 300 marks and two hours duration per subject. The subjects include English, General Knowledge, Elementary Mathematics. The questions are of objective type.
Interview – For those who will clear the written exam, there will be an interview which will include intelligence and personality test.
The SSB interview which is a 5-day process in which there will be different tests which will test the Officer Like Qualities(OLQs) in the candidate. If the candidate clears the SSB Interview, he/she’ll be sent for medicals. After the medicals are done, a merit list will be prepared.
If the candidate’s name is there in the merit list, he/she will receive a call letter to join the respective academy for which the candidate has given highest priority.