The Telangana State Council of Higher Education has started the online counselling process for TS EAMCET 2020 qualified candidates. The counselling session commenced from 9 October 2020 with the online filling of choice of seats, payment of fees and slot booking.
But due to a recent decree passed by the Telangana High Court, certain changes were incorporated, and a revised schedule for the final phase of TS EAMCET 2020 online counselling was released.
Relaxation in Eligibility Criteria for TS EAMCET 2020 Counselling
Adhering to the changes introduced by the Higher Education (TE) Department, the final phase of counselling was brought to a halt, and a revised schedule was released. The High Court directed the council to introduce the following:
- All candidates who have qualified the intermediate examination are eligible for the process of online counselling, irrespective of the marks scored.
- Earlier, the Telangana State Council of Higher Education had set the eligibility criteria as 45% aggregate for the general category candidates for the intermediate examination. In comparison, a 5% relaxation was levied for the candidates with quota.
However, candidates must note that the special provision is made only for the current academic session so that no candidate is at a disadvantage due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The council has specified the same and mentioned that from the next academic session, the council would proceed with the set eligibility criteria and rules.
What is the Revised Schedule?
Candidates can check out the following details which are crucial in terms of the TS EAMCET 2020 counselling process:
- “The online filing of Basic Information, Payment of Processing Fee & Slot Booking for the selection of Help Line Centre, Date & Time to attend for Certificate Verification for the candidates who did not attend, and eligible candidates as per the relaxation extended vide G.O.Rt.No. 201, Higher Education (TE) Department, Dated: 29.10.2020 (Telangana Open School Society and Board of Intermediate Examination passed candidates, etc.,)” will be done on 31 October 2020.
- Online verification of certificates for already slot booked candidates for the final phase will continue until 1 November 2020.
- The last date of payment of the admission fee and reporting to the allotted college is 7 November 2020.
Candidates are advised to keep visiting the official website for timely updates. In case of any assistance, candidates must reach out to the authorities via the contact details provided on the official website to avoid any last-minute hiccups.