The Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu, has released the rank list for the MBBS and BDS Admission for the 2020-21 academic session into the government-funded medical colleges of the state. The candidates can access the call letters for the Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS counselling by visiting the official website – tnhealth.tn.gov.in by the candidates.
But candidates must note that the rank list or merit list has been prepared under the 7.5% Quota reserved for the Tamil Nadu government school students.
Steps to Check the TN Rank List for MBBS and BDS Admission 2020-21
Candidates who had qualified the NEET-UG 2020 medical entrance examination and fall under the 7.5% quota, must refer to the step mentioned below to view the merit list. A direct link to view the rank list has also been provided for the ease of the candidates:
- Visit the official website – tnhealth.tn.gov.in
- On the right-hand side corner of the landing page, find the section titled, “Notifications.”
- Under the section find the link titled, “DOWNLOAD CALL LETTER FOR MBBS BDS COURSE 2020 2021 SESSION FOR SEAT RESERVATION FOR TAMIL NADU GOVERNMENT SCHOOL STUDENTS ONLY.”
- Now enter the required credentials, i.e., Application Number and Date of Birth.
- Verify all the details and click on the ‘submit’ button.
- The rank list will be displayed don the screen.
- View the rank position and save a copy of the same for future reference.
Errata to the Provisional Merit List for MBBS and BDS 2020-21 Session
AS per the latest decree of the Tamil Nadu High Court, 7.5% of the total medical seats on offer under Tamil Nadu State Quota for NEET-UG 2020 MBBS and BDS Counselling have been reserved for students who have studied from government schools. In order to be eligible for the quota mentioned above, the candidates must have at least received his/her primary education from the state government schools from standard 6 to 8.
Candidates must note that the Directorate of Medical Education has released a corrected TN Rank List of the qualified candidates for the medical counselling session. Candidates must visit the official website and check the updated list available in the form of a PDF. No credentials are required to be entered in order to view the same.