Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai has released the final merit list of TISSNET 2020 on its official website. Candidates who appeared for TISSNET conducted on 12th January 2020 can now log in using their credentials to check the TISSNET 2020 results.
The list of candidates shortlisted for the Personal Interview (PI) was earlier scheduled to be released on 4th February 2020 but due to the nationwide lockdown owing to the COVID-19, the procedure got delayed. TISS usually conducts pre-interview rounds as a mandate for preparing the final merit list. However, TISS has decided not to conduct any pre-interview sessions this year due to the current scenario. The final merit list is only based on TISSNET and PI.
How to Check TISSNET 2020 Results?
- Visit the official website – admissions.tiss.edu
- Click on the “View Details” button adjacent to the “MA Admission 2020 result announced” notification.
- Fill in the credentials i.e your registered “Email ID” and “Password”.
- You can now select the course for which you want to view the result.
- Fill in the required credentials.
- The result page will show your current status whether you are shortlisted for the PI or not.
- View the results and save a copy of it for future reference.
What should you look for in the final merit list?
- Registration number of the candidate
- Name of the candidate
- Domicile of the candidate
- TISSNET scorecard
- Program selected
- Shortlist status of PI
- Category / Domicile
- Cutoff marks
Documents Required for Verification at the time of Admission
- TISSNET Score Card/Mark Sheet.
- Grade Sheet.
- Certificates of the last qualifying examination i.e UG final year examination.
- Candidates who have not yet received their mark sheets/certificates of their final year examination can submit the same by 30th September, 2020.
- Attested photocopy of the TISSNET qualifying examination if the candidate is selected for admission.
- All the documents to be submitted should be in the original format. An e-copy of the certificates will not be considered during admission.
- If a candidate fails to submit the required documents for verification, his/her candidature shall be deemed canceled.
Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) conducts the Tata Institute of Social Science National Entrance Test (TISSNET) every year to admit students to its various undergraduate and postgraduate social science courses. TISSNET is a national level entrance examination with no domicile consideration or quota. It is a Computer Based Test (CBT) with a negative marking scheme. Securing a seat in one of the prestigious campuses is not a cakewalk at all. As the candidates have to go through three rounds prior to admission. First is the qualifying written examination, second is the Pre Interview and Group Discussion and finally, the third round is the PI or Personal Interview.
TISS admits a huge number of foreign students every year as Indian Social Science and Research and it is a highly popular discipline in the West. Admissions for foreign nationals have been closed by TISS for the current academic year. Shortlisted candidates for the PI are advised to prepare themselves in order to have an upper hand in admissions.