TISSNET 2020 Exam Application Process has begun. The last date to apply for the exam is 13 November 2019 on the official website
According to the latest circular released by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), 2020 edition of the TISSNET screening exam of students for admission to different academic programmes offered by the institute has begun. The interested candidates are hereby advised to visit the website and complete the application process as soon as possible. The examination in question will be held on January 4, 2020. The exam admit card will be issued on either 18 or 19 December 2019 respectively.
TISSNET prepares the gateway to enter into the reputed, renowned institute in India, the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. It is known for its excellent quality teaching B.A. and M.A. programs which gives a new platform for these traditional courses almost equivalent to professional ones.
TISSNET 2020 Exam Online Registration
The steps to be followed to apply for the national level entrance examination online are as follows
- Open the official website admissions.tiss.edu
- On the homepage, find and click on the Online Applications link
- On the redirected page, complete the registration process
- Now enter the login credentials and fill the application form
- Login to the website using your TISS Admission Portal Login Details
- Pay the application fee and submit the form
- Take printout of confirmation page for future use/reference
The TISSNET 2020 consists of three important sections. Questions are framed around these three key areas of English Proficiency, General Awareness, and Maths & Logical Reasoning. It is advisable for the candidates to be aware of the TISSNET 2020 Syllabus to keep track of their preparation levels.
TISSNET 2020 Examination Pattern
The TISSNET 2020 is a computer-based test (CBT) which offers admissions into various courses offered by the TISS institutes. The question paper mostly consists of objective/multiple-choice questions.
- Question Paper: Candidates need to answer 100 questions in 100 minutes. All the questions will be multiple choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: Candidate will be awarded 1 marks for every correct answer. However, the cut offs will be high when compared to other entrance exams of the same kind.
- Syllabus: The TISSNET 2020 Exam Pattern consists of General Knowledge – a major section of the paper, which will carry 40 marks, while English Proficiency and Maths & Logical Reasoning will carry 30 marks each.
- TISSNET exam for B.A. programs also termed as TISS-BAT. It will be held in the month of April. This exam has two sections.
- Part A is a 60-minutes test having multiple choice questions on analytical, logical and social awareness. Part B comprises of written test with a set of descriptive questions in English.
- Although, both sections are in one question paper, both the sections will have individual cut off marks for evaluation.
TISSNET 2020 Important Details
Registrations for the TISSNET 2020 can be done via both – online and offline mode. Candidates can apply for the TISSNET 2020 via online by filling the Application Form. Candidates can also apply via offline i.e. by filling the Application Form and send via speed post. Candidates can pay the TISS entrance exam fees via online or via challan from State Bank of India. The application fees cost is INR 1030.
A candidate can apply for a maximum three programs across any two of TISS campus and one of main centre location. A candidate has to pay for each of those programs from a single online form only.
For more information or queries regarding the examination, the students are advised to visit the official website.