Summer vacation has been announced from May 4, 2020 to June 20, 2020 for students of Rajasthan Technical University. The announcement was made through a notification released on the official website. The university has also urged its faculty members to conduct online classes for subjects whose syllabi is pending to be completed. It has also thrown light on submission of all the assignment work related to examinations like setting question papers, submission of evaluated answer books, etc. soon after the lockdown is lifted. The notification is available on the official website – rtu.ac.in
The University has also announced the guidelines for internship programs for students belonging to different semesters in the same notification. The online internship is for B.tech and MBA students of the university.
|Semester||Duration in which Training is to be taken||Training Compulsory/Optional||Exam Semester||Credit/ Marks|
|II Semester B.Tech||May 4, 2020 to May 30, 2020||Compulsory (15 days)||III Sem||1|
|IV Semester B.Tech||May 4, 2020 to June 20, 2020||Compulsory (45 days)||V Sem||2.5|
|VI Semester B.Tech||May 4, 2020 to June 20, 2020||Compulsory (45 days)||VII Sem||2.5|
|II Semester MBA||May 4, 2020 to July 4, 2020||Compulsory (60 days)||–||100 Marks|
The current situation may not be conducive for the students to undergo formal industrial training. Considering this, the University has issued the following guidelines for internship:
- Attend online training/internship for the mentioned duration leading to a valid and verifiable certificate. The institute shall ensure that students choose the right industrial training program from standard agencies.
- Attend online certificate courses from standard websites leading to valid and verifiable certificates. Students from the II semester may attend at least one course while it is mandatory for students from the IV and VI semesters to have completed at least two such courses. Students should ensure that the program is for a duration of at least 4 weeks.
- Students may also opt for joining startups but they have to abide by the rules mentioned in the official notification.
- In cases where the student is unable to find an internship program, the Institute shall assign some workable project/assignment which the student can workout individually and which may be equal to that of industrial standards.
- After successful completion of the training, students should prepare a report as per the prescribed norms and submit it along with completion certificates, to the institute.