CCMT (Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/M.Des.) 2020 registration and choice filling has been postponed by the Malaviya National Institute of Technology. Originally, the CCMT registration process was supposed to have commenced on April 29, 2020. The revised datesheet for the CCMT 2020 registration will be released on the official website- ccmt.nic.in
The CCMT was established in 2012 for centralized admission for PG programmes. This centralized system quickly replaced the older system, wherein candidates had to apply individually to various institutes and physically represent themselves at every Institute for interview/counselling. Centralized counseling has eased the process by providing a system, where the candidate can fill a single online application form from places of their convenience and apply to all programmes in all the participating institutions, based on their eligibility.
Original and Revised dates for CCMT 2020
|Events||Original date||Revised date|
|Registration and fee payment||April 29, 2020||Postponed till further notice|
Steps involved in the Counselling process
- Online Registration
- Online Choice Filling and Locking
- Online Seat Allotment
- Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee
- Physical Reporting at Reporting Centre for Document Verification
- Physical Reporting at the Allotted Institute for Admission
- National Spot Round
- A new feature of online document verification has been introduced this year. Post seat allotment, the candidates will be required to upload the needful documents.
- Candidates belonging to OBC-NCL/EWS category must note that the certificate they submit online must be issued on or after April 1, 2019. The notification provided on the official website also states that admissions offered will be treated as provisional and will be subject to submission of the OBC-NCL/EWS certificates issued on or after April 1, 2020, at the time of reporting at the finally allotted institute.
- Candidate must possess a valid GATE Score of 2018 / 2019 / 2020.
- In the qualifying degree, the candidate should have secured 6.5 CGPA or 60% for OC/OC-EW/OB, whereas 6.0 CGPA or 55% in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates. The above mentioned CGPA/Percentage should be obtained from a recognized University/Institute.
- In a situation where results are awaited, provisional admission is permissible for a candidate, subject to meeting above minimum qualifying degree requirements latest by the stipulated period as announced in the official website. A certificate from the head of current institute to that effect should be submitted at the Reporting Centre during document verification.
- For each programme, eligibility is formulated based on certain combinations of degree-discipline and GATE paper.
- For certain programmes, special eligibility criteria are applicable, specific to that Institute. Candidates are required to ensure that they fulfill all such special requirements before filling and applying for such programmes during choice filling. Candidates will be held responsible for checking these special eligibility requirements.
About CCMT 2020
CCMT (Centralized Counseling for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan./M.Des.) 2020 is a convenient platform for candidates to apply for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan./M.Des. programmes, in all NITs, IIEST Shibpur, and some IIITs & GFTIs. Admission is based on their GATE score of 2018, 2019 and 2020.