The National Testing Agency (NTA) is all set to conduct the JEE Main examination starting tomorrow till 6 September 2020. Amidst the absolute crisis of the COVID-19 outbreak on the one hand and the relentless protests of candidates, on the other hand, NTA is determined to stick to its decision. In a major controversy over the conduction of JEE Main and NEET 2020, the Supreme Court of India, last week ruled out that further delay may result in a severe academic loss for the students. Hence, the crucial examinations must be conducted on the set date.
The JEE Main is scheduled for 1 September 2020 till 6 September 2020 with two shifts every day. The morning shift starts from 9 AM to 12 noon and the noon shift from 3 PM to 6 PM. NTA will conduct the examination across 660 examination centres with eight venues outside India. According to the official report, a total of 8,58,273 candidates had registered for the JEE Main 2020 in April, out of which approximately 8 lakh candidates have downloaded the admit cards so far.
Safety Protocols Outlined by NTA
NTA has laid down specific exam-related advisory/guidelines keeping in mind the present conditions. The detailed guidelines are mentioned on the admit cards, and candidates must read them thoroughly to avoid hassle on the day of exam. Below are some important advisory for the candidates to note:
- The entire examination venue will be sanitized, two times for each shift.
- The sitting arrangement will be made, keeping in mind the social distancing norms, which means that there will be a gap of at least six feet between consecutive candidates.
- Entry into the examination venue and exit from the venue will be done in a staggered form to avoid contact.
- Candidates must try to reach the examination venue on the reporting time as mentioned on the admit card to avoid confusion.
- Candidates will have to go through various security procedures like frisking and thermal screening. They must cooperate with the team.
- Candidates must keep wearing the face mask and gloves all the time and also keep sanitizing their hands at regular intervals.
Essential Points to Keep in Mind:
- Apart from the JEE Main admit card, candidates can carry the following items:
- Photo ID Proof
- A bottle of hand sanitizer (50ml)
- Face Mask
- Hand Gloves
- A transparent ballpoint pen.
- A transparent water bottle (500ml)
- Candidates must also duly fill the undertaking provided along with the admit card and bring that on the exam date as well.
- Resorting to unfair means (UFM) may lead to the cancelation of candidature.
- After the examination is over, candidates must leave the rough sheet (which will be provided at the centre) and the admit card in the DropBox.
NTA has further released the official notification regarding the JEE Advanced Exam for 2020. Candidates must keep checking the official website for further updates.