National Institute of Fashion Technology has commenced the application process for NIFT 2020 Entrance Examination
As per the official notification released, the application form is now online and can be accessed by the candidates from the official exam website. The interested candidates are hereby advised to complete the application process at the earliest. The application process concludes on December 31, 2019. Admit Card Release Date is January 10, 2020 and the exam will be held on January 19, 2020.
NIFT is a National Level Entrance Exam conducted by the National Institute of Fashion Technology for admission into design courses in Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs. The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) was set up in the year 1986 under the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. NIFT has 16 campuses in India with the main campus being in New Delhi.
The Candidates have to pay the registration fee online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) or offline (Demand Draft in favour of “NIFT HO”).
NIFT 2020 Application Fee
General/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)
NIFT 2020 Exam Application Process Details
To fill the NIFT Application Form, the candidates will have to first register themselves. The candidates can follow the steps given below to register
- Go to the official website nift.ac.in
- Click on the Registration link
- Enter your Name, DOB, Category Details, Email ID, and select the program
- Use your Mail ID and DOB to login and fill the Application Form
The candidates can follow the steps given below to Apply for NIFT 2020 Exam:
- Go to the official website and log in
- Enter all the details that are asked and click on Submit button
- After entering the required details, click on “I agree” link/option
- Verify and click on Save button
- Upload scanned file of image and signature
- And the final stage is to pay the Application Fee
A list of Documents Required to Apply for NIFT are as follows
- Past Educational details
- Mark sheets of class 10 and 12
- Caste certificate
- PWD certificate
- Scanned image file of Photograph and Signature
- A valid debit/credit/net banking for the Application Fee payment
NIFT 2020 Exam Pattern
The NIFT Exam will have CAT, GAT, Group discussion, and Personal Interview rounds. General Ability Test (GAT) is a common test written for all courses offered. GAT and CAT are conducted for B. Des and M. Des but for the candidates who opt for courses like B. F. Tech, MFM, M. F. Tech only GAT is conducted. There is no negative marking in NIFT Exam, candidates can attempt all the questions. Below given are some of the important details about NIFT Exam Pattern.
The NIFT 2020 Syllabus includes the tests such as Creative Ability Test (CAT), General Ability Test (GAT), Performance Round, Situation based Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview round.
The NIFT 2020 will consist of two parts such as the Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT). The GAT consists of topics such as Quantitative Ability, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Analytical and Logical Ability, Problem Solving Approach. The CAT part includes subjects as Design Ability, Observation Power, Creativity in Thought Development to name a few.