The National Institute of Design will commence the admission process for NID DAT 2020 examination from the first week of October.
The national level entrance examination will be conducted for various undergraduate design programs offered at the NID institutes. NID DAT 2020 exam will be conducted in 23 exam centers across the country. The 2-stage examination will include prelims and main exam. It will be undertaken in Paper and Pen-Based (offline) mode for a duration of 3 hours (180 minutes).
How to Register for NID DAT?
To fill up the application form candidate need to register online by visiting the official site of NID 2020 only. Follow the steps given below to register for the NID DAT 2020
- Visit the official web portal of NID and sign up to the website by entering the valid email id, mobile number, date of birth, etc. After the registration process, the login credentials will be sent to your registered email address.
- Now, using the user id and password login into your account and click on ‘DAT Application Form’
- Fill in the application form with all the necessary details in their corresponding sections. Click ‘Save & Proceed’.
- Now, click on ‘Upload Document’. Upload the documents such as the photograph, signature and caste certificate (only if applicable) according to the prescribed specifications. Then click ‘Save & Proceed’.
- Pay the applicable application fee through the means provided and then finally click on ‘Submit’.
Candidate can pay the application form fee via online i.e. by Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or by offline via Demand Draft. Candidates should note that the once the NID 2020 application fee is submitted, it will not be refunded under any circumstances.
The NID has set up some criteria for taking the exam. Make sure that you clear the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The details of the same have been mentioned in the following link – NID 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
The National Institute of Design is an autonomous institute under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry and even recognized by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research under the Ministry of Science and Technology by Government of India. It has three campuses around India with Ahmedabad being the main campus, PG campus is in Gandhinagar and R&D campus in Bangalore.
NID is internationally renowned as one of the foremost multi-disciplinary institutions in the field of design education and research. The international media has listed the institute in some of the top European and Asian programs in the world. It offers professional education programs at Undergraduate and Post Graduate level with five faculty streams and 17 diverse design domains. NID has established exchange programs and ongoing pedagogic relationships with over 38 overseas institutions.
For more information pertaining to the exam that will be released shortly, the candidates are advised to visit the official website (admissions.nid.edu) regularly for updates and notifications.