In view of phase 3 lockdown imposed till May 17, 2020, the NID (National Institute of Design) has stated that it will be announcing updates related to NID admissions 2020 by the end of May 2020. There is also a notification released on the official website, regarding the same. For the latest updates, candidates are advised to keep visiting the official website – admissions.nid.edu
The prelims examination for the B.Des/GDPD programmes was conducted by the National Institute of Design on December 29, 2019. The result of the prelims examination was declared on May 3, 2020. Candidates who had appeared for the B.Des./GDPD DAT prelims examination 2020 can check the result by visiting the official website.
Steps to check the NID DAT results
- Visit the official portal – admissions.nid.edu
- On the homepage, select the link of your choice, “Click here” corresponding to B.Des./GDPD DAT Prelims 2020 Result or M.Des. DAT Prelims 2020 Result.
- On the redirected page, enter the “Email Address”, “Date of Birth” and Verification Code and hit “Submit”.
- Download and print a copy of NID DAT results for B.Des./GDPD DAT prelims or M.Des. DAT Prelims, for future use.
Minimum Qualifying Criteria for B.Des./GDPD DAT and M.Des./DAT
Following is the minimum qualifying criteria for various categories. Candidates will only be eligible for final admission if their percentile score in the Design Aptitude Test (DAT) is:
Admissions at NID
Admission into NID is a two stage process. It is based on the performance of the candidate in the two stages of the Design Aptitude Test. They are:
- Design Aptitude Test Prelims
- Design Aptitude Test Mains
These exams evaluate the candidate on his/her skills, behavioural abilities and knowledge.
Consequent upon the NID Act 2014, NID (National Institute of Design) has been declared as “Institute of National Importance”. It has campuses in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Gandhinagar. It operates as an autonomous institute under the Department for Promotion of Industry and International Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.