As per the official schedule released by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), the registration process for the second round of NEET-UG 2020 Counselling will begin today, i.e., 18 November 2020. Candidates who have qualified the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Examination (NEET 2020) must visit the official website – mcc.nic.in to register. There will be no carry-over for the candidates who registered for the first round of counselling to the second round. Candidates will have to register anew for the second round.
The Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of MCC will conduct the counselling for 15% of All India Quota in all government medical and dental colleges, and 100% seats in Deemed and Central Universities like (Aligarh Muslim University, Banaras Hindu University, University of Delhi, Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia) AFMC, AIIMS, and JIPMER, etc.
How to Register for NEET-UG 2020 Counselling for Round Two?
Candidates who wish to register for the second round of the online counselling process of NEET-UG 2020 must refer to the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website – mcc.nic.in
- Select the “UG Medical Counselling” button.
- Now find the active link mentioning ‘New Registrations.’
- Click on the link.
- Now fill in the required particulars.
- Proceed further to pay the requisite counselling fees.
- The next step would require you to select your preference for the seats in the participating medical institutions.
- After entering the choices, you will have to lock the options before the mentioned date.
Seat Allotment Result for Round Two on 25 November 2020
Once the procedure for online counselling and choice filling/locking is over by 22 November 2020 (11:59 PM IST), MCC will declare the result for the same on 25 November 2020. The candidates who make it to the list will have to confirm the admission by paying the admission fee to the allotted institutions. If the candidate fails to pay the requisite fee by the deadline, the assigned seat will pass on to the next candidate in line.
Eligible Candidates for the Second Round of Counselling
As per the new instruction released by the MCC on the eligibility of the candidates for the second round of NEET-UG 2020 counselling, candidates must take note of the following very carefully:
- As directed by the Supreme Court of India, Students taking admission to MBBS/BDS programmes under AIQ (All India Quota) will not be able to exercise the option ‘seat surrender’ facility. The choice for doing so was available till 17 November 2020.
- Candidates allotted seats under Second Round under AIQ/Deemed Counselling can only opt for ‘Exit’ with forfeiture of the security amount, which means that if a candidate opts out of the counselling procedure, he/she will not get the security amount back.
- Candidates who are registered in First Round but didn’t get seats are eligible to participate in the Second Round.
- Registered candidates whose seats got cancelled after being allotted in First Round during document verification are also eligible to participate in the Second Round.
- Candidates allotted seats in First Round but those who are seeking up-gradation.