The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has started the registration for the second round of NEET-UG 2020 Counselling. Due to the addition of seats under Wards of Insured Persons (IP Quota) in the matrix, the counselling was delayed by two days. Hence, candidates who wish to register for round 2 counselling of NEET, can visit the official website – mcc.ac.in to do so.
NEET Round Two Counselling Schedule
|Counselling Event||Date / Deadline|
|Registration Begins||20 November 2020|
|Registration Ends||23 November 2020 (3 PM IST)|
|Choice Filling||24 November 2020 (11:59 PM IST)|
|Result for Round 2 Seat Allotment Process||27 November 2020|
How to Register for Round Two of NEET-UG 2020 Counselling?
Candidates who wish to register for the second round of the online counselling process of NEET-UG 2020 must refer to the steps mentioned below. A direct link to register for the second round of counselling has also been provided for the ease of the candidates:
- Visit the official website – mcc.nic.in
- Select the “UG Medical Counselling” button.
- Now find the active link mentioning ‘New Registrations.’
- Click on the link.
- Now fill in the required particulars.
- Proceed further to pay the requisite counselling fees.
- The next step would require you to select your preference for the seats in the participating medical institutions.
- After entering the choices, you will have to lock the options before the mentioned date.
Important Instructions for the Second Round of Counselling
As per the new instruction released by the MCC on the eligibility of the candidates for the second round of NEET-UG 2020 counselling, candidates must take note of the following very carefully:
- As directed by the Supreme Court of India, students taking admission to MBBS/BDS programmes under AIQ (All India Quota) will not be able to exercise the option ‘seat surrender’ facility. The choice for doing so was available till 17 November 2020.
- Candidates allotted seats under the second round of AIQ/Deemed counselling can only opt for ‘Exit’ with forfeiture of the security amount, which means that if a candidate opts out of the counselling procedure, he/she will not get the security amount back.
- Candidates who are registered in the first round but didn’t get seats are eligible to participate in the second round.
- Registered candidates whose seats got cancelled after being allotted in the first round during document verification are also eligible to participate in the second round.