The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 aspirants can spare a breath of relief, as the National Testing Agency (NTA) has decided to extend the application correction window from 15-07-2020 to 20-07-2020 in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. This facility can only be availed by the aspirants who have completed the entire process of registration till 5:00 pm, Monday. As for the aspirants who are yet to pay the application fees for the completion of successful registration, the deadline for doing so is 11:55 pm on the above mentioned extended date.
Candidates should visit the official website and login by filling in the required credentials. Once the candidate dashboard appears on the screen, the candidate can go ahead and make the necessary changes in the particulars, choice for centre of exam (it is advisable for the candidates to chose the centre which is nearest to their hometown as traveling far distances would not be a good option), photograph, signature or the LTI (if the uploaded image is not according to the mentioned standards then it can lead to the cancellation of candidature).
How to use the NEET Correction Window Facility?
- Visit the official website – ntaneet.nic.in
- Click on the candidate login portal
- Enter the required application number and password
- Click on the link stating “Click here for corrections in NEET (UG)-2020 Application’.
- Following that, candidates can edit, delete or modify the details.
- Cross-check the edited fields from the preview section.
- Enter the One Time Password (OTP) sent to the registered mobile number or email ID
- Enter the mentioned security pin and save the changes
- Preview the changes made and take a printout of the corrected NEET 2020 application form.
Important Things to Remember
- Candidates are advised to make the changes carefully as this submission shall be considered as final.
- No other chance shall be provided and if the candidate fails to make the necessary changes, his/her application shall be deemed canceled.
- Carefully read the information bulletin which is published on the official website in order to understand what changes the candidates are required to make.
- Candidates are advised to read the notice published by NTA thoroughly to avoid any further errors.
- The admit card shall be issued 15 days prior to the examination. Candidates should keep a regular check on the official website for more information.
The notice was published by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on 15-07-2020 in the public interest to notify the aspirants about the official changes regarding their application forms. The date of examination was postponed and now it is set to be conducted on 13-09-2020 after the nationwide student agitation.
NEET as well as IIT aspirants have been requesting and pleading to Human Resource Department (HRD) Minister Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ via social media platforms to either cancel or postpone the examination which was set to be conducted in the month of July due to a steep rise in the pandemic graph. Considering the situation, NTA decided to postpone the National level examination.
Every year, almost 12 lakh aspirants appear for the exam to compete for a total of 82,926 MBBS seats and 26,949 BDS (Bachelor in Dental Surgeon) 52,720 AYUSH (Ayurvedic) seats. Considering such a high rate of competition, there seemed no other option but to postpone the examination.