The admission process will be held in two counseling phases and one mop-up round respectively. The first round will begin on the 19th of June and last until 24th June 2019.
The schedule released by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) can be accessed in entirety on its official website. The selection of the preferred college and course is scheduled on the 25th of June between 10 am to 5 pm IST. The first round of seat allotment will be announced on the 27th of June.
Steps to Register – NEET 2019 Counselling
The steps to register for NEET 2019 Counselling are as follows
- Open the homepage of Medical Counselling Committee mcc.nic.in
- Click on the candidate login window and enter exam credentials.
- Complete the registration and pay the applicable counseling fee
- Download and print out the NEET Counselling document
All the qualified candidates are required to be present at their assigned venue of counseling for document verification, admission fee submission anywhere between the 28th of June and 3rd July for confirmed admission. Post this, each student will have to report to their colleges to confirm their seats. The vacant seats from round one of counseling will be carried forward to the next round of seat allotment.
The following two rounds of counseling are scheduled for the months of July and August respectively. The second wave of registration will take place between the 6th and 8th of July 2019. Besides the scorecards, the NTA has also released an All India Merit List for NEET 2019 on its portal. For more information, please do visit the official NEET website ntaneet.nic.in
Documents Required – NEET 2019 Counselling
The following are the documents a candidate should carry for the counselling process
- Class 10 and Class 12 Certificate
- NEET 2019 Admit Card
- NEET 2019 Result/ Rank letter
- Passport size photographs (8 in number) same as affixed on the application form
- Provisional allotment letter generated online
- Proof of identity (Valid ID Proof)
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate and/or disability certificate issued by the competent authority in the standard format as specified in the prospectus and information bulletin (if applicable)
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test
It is a national level entrance exam, organized by National Board of Examinations (NBE) every year. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in Indian Medical and Dental Colleges.
The selection and admission to any medical seat in an institution recognized by the Indian Medical Council (IMC) takes place only when a candidate fulfils the admission criteria, eligibility criteria, medical fitness and criteria set by the university or Institutions. The National Board of Examination (NBE) has no role in counselling or allocating the seats to candidates.