Today, i.e., 15 December 2020, is the last and final chance for candidates who want to make a change in their exam city preferences in the GATE 2021 application forms. The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay reopened the exam centre change facility for GATE 2021 on 14 December 2020. Those candidates who are already registered for the GATE exam and want to modify any of the exam venue details can avail the facility by visiting gate.iitb.ac.in the official website.
Candidates can also visit GOAPS online portal at appsgate.iitb.ac.in to make corrections to their exam centre. It is to be noted that all the details cannot be modified. Candidates can only make changes to the exam city preference. Any changes made in the preference of exam cities are completely free of cost.
How to Avail GATE 2021 Exam Centre Change Facility?
Candidates are advised to follow the steps mentioned below after visiting the official website to make changes to their exam city preference. Alternatively, candidates can also click on the direct link provided below for the same:
- Visit the official website – gate.iitb.ac.in
- Scroll down and click on “GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).”
- Enter your enrollment ID and password.
- Click on “Submit.”
- Your application form will be displayed on the screen.
- Make the necessary changes as you deem fit.
- Carefully verify and save the details.
- Make a fee payment, if required.
- Save a copy or take a print out of the application form for future reference.
GATE 2021 admit cards will be issued to all registered candidates on 8 January 2021. GATE 2021 will be conducted from 5 to 7 February 2021 and 12 to 14 January 2021. Candidates are advised to keep visiting the official website to keep track of the latest updates.