On 6 September 2020, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, released the KVPY 2020 application form. The form was released online at kvpy.iisc.ernet.in the official website. Students willing to apply for the same need to visit the official website, fill their personal details, and pay the application fee. They are then required to upload the mentioned documents to complete the KVPY registration 2020. The registration for the KVPY exam 2020 ends on 5 October 2020.
KYPY Application Form Important Dates
- The application process starts – 6 September 2020
- Last date to register for KVPY 2020 – 5 October 2020
- Examination date – 31 January 2021
How to Apply Online?
- Visit the official website – kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
- Click on the ‘KVPY Aptitude test 2020 Application Portal’.
- In the right column, click on the ‘Registration and Application Login’ link.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Check the ‘Disclaimer’ box and click on the ‘Login’ option.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘click here for registration’ link.
- Register yourself by providing the details.
- Select your preferred examination centre.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature.
- Submit the form and pay the application fee.
- Save a copy for future reference.
Application Fee for KVPY 2020
- For General/OBC category: INR 1250/-
- For SC/ST/PWD category: INR 625/- (Exclusive of bank charges)
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a scholarship program. It is funded by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India. The primary purpose is to encourage students to make a career in the various research programs offered. Qualified candidates get scholarships and are also eligible for fellowship to study from institutions like IISc and IISER. Until last year, for fellowship, both aptitude test and interview were considered in the 75:25 ratio. However, due to Covid-19, there’s only the aptitude test this year and no interview round.