Kerala University has invited for applications for the entrance exam for admission to postgraduate programmes in the teaching department of the University. The last date for online registration is 29th Feb 2020.
PG entrance test 2020 is to be held at Trivandrum, Ernakulam and Chennai.
Eligibility criteria for PG entrance exam
Students should have passed 10th,12th and obtained a Bachelor degree from the University of Kerala or a degree recognized as equivalent.
An aggregate of 50% marks or above for “General Category” and an aggregate of 45% or above for “SC/ST” category.
Candidate should have secured at least 25% (20% for SC/ST category) of the average marks of the stream in the entrance examination conducted by the University of Kerala.
Candidates who have written the Bachelors degree Examination and are waiting for results can also apply.
NOTE : Any candidate pursued a PG Programme of this University in any subject in earlier years shall be eligible to apply for admission to any PG Programme. A candidate can apply for a maximum of three PG Programmes at a time.
Important Dates and events
|Notification of admissions||1st February 2020|
|Last date for online application||29th February 2020|
|Dates of entrance examination||1st April 2020 to 7th April 2020|
|Publication of rank list||4th May 2020|
|Admission begins||13th May 2020|
|Classes begin||1st June 2020|
|Admission closes by||30th June 2020|
Steps to download application form for PG entrance exam
- Visit the official website – keralauniversity.ac.in
- Click on “Notification” link under examination section.
- Click on “Admissions” link under important links.
- Click on PG-CSS tab. It will redirect to a new page.
- Click on “Registration” link . Give the necessary details and register.
- Login to the website by providing application number and password (date of birth will be the default password).
- Enter Personal Details, Marks of Qualifying Examination, as well as details of chosen programmes for entrance examinations.
- Pay the required amount of fee ( via online only).
- Download the application from the candidate’s page and take a print out of it for future use.
Admit card release date
The admit card for the entrance examination can be obtained from the official website of the University of Kerala – admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in
Candidates will have to login using their Application number and Password in order to download the admit card. Candidates will have to take a printout of it. It will not be sent via post. Admit card is an important document without which candidates will not be allowed to take the examination.
Marking of entrance examination
The answer sheets of the entrance examination will be marked digitally or by the teachers of the respective Department. There shall be 0.25 negative mark for every wrong answer.