JIPMER, Puducherry has commenced the application process for JIPMER PG entrance examinations in the July session. Aspirants who wish to apply for the MD/MS/MDS programs offered by the institution can visit the official website to register. It has been officially announced that the entrance exam will be on May 16, 2020.
Important dates and events of JIPMER PG exam July 2020 registration
|Commencement of online registration||March 4, 2020 (from 11:00 AM)|
|Closure of online registration||April 9, 2020 (at 5:00 PM)|
|Download of Hall ticket||April 28, 2020 11:00 AM to May 16, 2020 8:00 AM|
|Date of entrance examination||May 16, 2020|
|Expected date of publication of Merit List||On or before May 26, 2020|
|Certificate Verification for MDS Course, Sponsored/Foreign National Candidates & Medical Board for PwD Candidates for MD/MS Course||June 10, 2020 at 8:00 AM|
|First Counselling (Tentative)||June 11, 2020 at 8:00 AM|
|Final Counselling (Tentative)||Date will be announced later|
|Admission formalities||June 29, 2020|
|Issue of Admission Letter &
Letter for Hostel accommodation
|June 30, 2020|
|Commencement of Course||July 1, 2020 at 8:00 AM|
|Close of Admissions for
MD/MS/ MDS – July 2020 Session
|August 31, 2020|
Steps to apply for JIPMER PG Entrance Exam July 2020 session
- Visit the official website- jipmer.edu.in
- Click on the link “JIPMER MD/MS and MDS – July 2020” under “Latest Updates” section, in the homepage.
- On the new page that appears, click on “Apply Online” link.
- Register by giving in all the necessary details.
- An User ID will be generated. Registered mobile number and email ID will get the login credentials. Also registered email ID will get a login link. Click on it to fill the application form.
- Fill the application form by giving all the required details, upload scanned copies of photograph and signature, pay the required amount of fee, hit submit and complete the process.
Eligibility criteria for JIPMER PG Entrance exam July 2020 session
|Eligibility parameters||Eligibility for MD/MS courses||Eligibility for MDS course|
|Nationality||Candidate must be an Indian National (IN) or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) or Foreign Nationals (FN)||Applicant must be an Indian National (IN) or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)|
|Educational Qualification||Candidates must hold MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India||Candidates must hold BDS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Dental Council of India.|
|Internship||The candidate must have completed the required period of twelve months compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 30th JUNE 2020.|
|Minimum Qualifying Marks||For Unreserved (UR), Institute (INST), Economic Weaker Section (EWS) and OBC Category, 55% marks in aggregate. For candidates belonging to the SC/ST Categories, it is 50% marks in aggregate.|
NOTE: Candidates who have already completed MD/MS/MDS in any subject in any Institution are not eligible for admission to MD/MS/MDS course at JIPMER.
JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research), Puducherry, in operation from 1956 is one of the leading medical institutions in India.
- It has been acknowledged as an “Institution of National Importance”.
- The Institution is now authorized to award Medical Degrees, Diplomas, etc.
- Medical Courses are offered in 43 disciplines.