As per the official memo released by the National Testing Agency (NTA), the last date to apply for January JEE (Main) Exam is September 30, 2019.
Hence, all candidates are hereby advised to complete their Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2020 application process on time. One can visit the official website to complete the due process. The applicants can check the complete registration and application details for the JEE Main 2020 examination below.
JEE Main is the national level engineering entrance exam for students applying for admission in leading colleges of India like the IITs and NITs. The Exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for students seeking admissions in B.E and B.Tech courses based on their JEE Main Score.
How to apply for JEE Main 2020?
The application process for JEE Main is quite simple. Candidates have to follow the below steps to fill the JEE Main Application Form:
- Registration: Open the official exam website jeemain.nic.in. Select the link that says “Apply for JEE MAIN” located on the homepage. A new page will appear. Login using your registered credentials
- Fill Online Application Form: Candidates can fill the online Application Form by entering details such as Authentication, Examination, Personal, Academic, Contact, and Guardian.
- Verification of Mobile Number and Email: Once the candidate entered all the above-mentioned details an OTP will be sent to the registered Mobile Number and Email for Authentication.
- Upload of Documents: Candidates must upload the scanned copy of recently taken passport size photograph and signature.
- Payment of Registration Fee: The registration fee should be paid by the candidates by category wise through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ UPI/ Paytm only.
- Slot Booking: The Date, Time and Exam Centre can be chosen by the candidate on a first come first serve basis.
- Print the Final Confirmation Page: Download and take a printout of the final confirmation page of the Application Form.
There is no provision for applying offline for the Exam. The candidates who have completed the online JEE Main 2020 Registration and paid JEE Main 2020 application form fees within the last date will be eligible to take up the JEE MAIN 2020. You must submit the application form only once. If more than one application is received from a single candidate then JEE Main 2020 application form status will come as Rejected.
The correction window will be available for the candidates to change any particulars in the Application Form on the 10th of October 2020 till 17th October 2020. If you have completed the registration process and paid the fee on time then you will be able to download the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card from the official website.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) and offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) for Drawing from January 6, 2020 to January 11, 2020 respectively. An overview of the JEE Main 2020 exam pattern can be found below
- Question Type: The question paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Drawing (Paper-II).
- Topics: The JEE Main Question paper will comprise of the following topics: (Paper I: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics Paper II: Aptitude Test, Mathematics, and Drawing)
- Duration: The time given to complete the examination will be 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer and one mark will be reduced for incorrect answers.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English, Hindi, and Gujarati.