The National Testing Agency (NTA) will start the JEE Main 2021 exam tomorrow, 23 February 2021. The NTA has released the admit card along with several guidelines to be followed by candidates on exam day. Candidates must adhere to all JEE Main 2021 exam day guidelines. Here are the significant pointers to be noted before appearing in the exam.
JEE Main 2021 Dress Code
There is no specific dress code for the JEE Main 2021 exam. However, candidates are not permitted to wear a cap, thick sole footwear or metallic items. Refer to the following points to find out the guidelines regarding the dress code.
- Shoes/footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons are not allowed inside the JEE Main 2021 exam centre.
- Candidates wearing specific attire due to their religion/customs are advised to report to the exam centre early for thorough checking and mandatory frisking.
- Candidates should wear masks and gloves all the time inside and outside the exam centre. The NTA will provide a fresh two-ply mask for each candidate.
- Any jewellery or ornaments are not permitted inside the examination hall.
Things to Carry to the Exam Centre
The NTA has allowed certain things that candidates can carry inside the examination centre. Items that are allowed inside the examination centre are as follows:
- JEE Main admit card
- Duly filled self-declaration/undertaking.
- A transparent ballpoint pen.
- Spare photograph of candidate (to be pasted on the attendance sheet)
- Hand sanitiser (50 ml)
- Transparent water bottle
- Original Id proof
- Masks and gloves
The NTA has also issued an advisory regarding COVID-19 as more than 21 lakh students will be appearing for the exam and maintaining social distancing. Candidates should follow all the instructions and guidelines issued by the NTA for proper conduction of the exam.