ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation)’s special launch for school students namely “Young Scientist Programme” or “Yuva Vigyani Karyakram” started from the year 2019 has its second session in the month of May 2020. The programme is aimed at creating awareness among school students in areas of Space Research. ISRO has started this programme to “Catch them young”. The online registration has been extended till 5th March 2020.
Three candidates will be selected from each State/Union Territory covering CBSE, ICSE and State syllabus. Five additional seats will be reserved for OCI (Overseas citizen of India).
Important dates and events of ISRO YUVIKA 2020 young scientist programme
|Online registration begins||3rd February 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Online registration ends||5th March 2020 (6:00 PM) [extended]|
|Provisional candidate selection announced on||10th March 2020|
|Upload of relevant documents by provisional selected candidates on or before||26th March 2020|
|Final selection list will be published on||31st March 2020|
|Programme conducted between||11th to 22nd May 2020|
Steps to register for ISRO YUVIKA 2020 young scientist programme
- Visit the site – ISRO YUVIKA 2020 YOUNG SCIENTIST PROGRAMME REGISTRATION
- Provide basic details like “Name of the student”, “Email ID” and enter the text shown in the image.
- Click on “Generate OTP”. Registered email address will get an OTP.
- Enter the OTP sent to the email id.
- On completing activation successfully , password will be sent to the email id.
- Then login using credentials created and captcha.
- Fill in details like “Personal Information”, “Communication Details”, “Contact Information”, “Academic Information”, “Prize in school events”, “Winners of Sport events” “NCC/NSS”.
- Complete the registration form by filling in all the details required.
|Performance in 8th standard exam||60%|
|Prize procured in school events conducted by the School or Education board from the year 2016 onwards at District/State/National/ International Level (The higher level will be considered for weightage)||2/4/6/10%|
|Winners in District/State/National/International Level sports activities conducted by School or Education board from the year 2016 onwards (The higher level will be considered for weightage)||2/4/6/10%|
|NCC/NSS Member – during the current academic year (2019-20)||5%|
|Studying in Rural School (Certificate of proof of this is to be produced from the head of the school. The school, of the candidate should be in Block/Village Panchayath Area)||15%|
Accomodation and Expenditure of the YUVA VIGYANI program
It is decided that this will be conducted as a residential program in four cities namely Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Shillong and Thiruvananthapuram. The selected students will be given accomodation in ISRO guest houses and hostels. The entire expenditure of the student will be borne by ISRO during this period.