The application dates for the ISI Kolkata admissions 2020 has been extended by the Indian Statistical Institute. Aspirants who are yet to apply for the entrance exam can register and apply through the official website of ISI – www.isical.ac.in
Original dates and revised dates for ISI Admission 2020
|Events||Original date||Revised date|
|Commencement of online application||February 7, 2020||February 14, 2020|
|Closure of online application||March 6, 2020||March 16, 2020|
|Payment of application fee begins||February 7, 2020||February 14, 2020|
|Payment of application fee ends||March 10, 2020||March 20, 2020|
|Date of examination||May 10, 2020 ( No change)|
Steps to apply for ISI Admission 2020
- Visit the official website of Indian Statistical Institute – www.isical.ac.in
- Click on the link “ADMISSIONS 2020”, which scrolls on the homepage.
- On the redirected page, click on “ISI Admission 2020”.
- On the new page that appears, click on the link “APPLY ONLINE”.
- On the new window that opens, click on the link “New Registration”.
- It prompts for “Email ID”, “Password”, “Name”, “Date of Birth”, “Gender”, “Father’s Name”, “Mother’s Name”, “Mobile No of the Applicant”, Captcha. Enter all the details and hit “Sign up”. Confirm all the details entered.
- Registered email id will get the activation link as well as login details.
- Registered mobile number will get an activation code.
- To complete the registration and start the application process, either the activation link provided in the registered email id must be clicked or the “Enter Activation code” on the page has to be clicked.
- Once the account is activated, the application form can be filled by entering the login credentials.
- Once the application form is submitted, download and take a print out of ISI Admission 2020 for future use.
ISI Kolkata (Indian Statistical Institute) came into existence in 1931. It was founded by Professor Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis. The Institute has grown into one of the leading institutions in the world as a centre for research and training in Statistics and related sciences.
The Parliament of India, in 1959, enacted the Indian Statistical Institute Act, declaring it an Institution of National Importance and authorising it to offer degrees and diplomas in Statistics. In 1995, an amendment to the Act was introduced authorising the institute to offer degrees and diplomas also in Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science and other subjects related to Statistics.