Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) has announced the extension of the application form date for the 2020-21 admissions. According to the latest notification released by the Institute, interested candidates can submit their application forms by June 30, 2020.
The decision to extend the submission date has been taken due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and the nationwide lockdown. Earlier, the last date to submit the IPU CET Applications was June 10, 2020. The extension does not apply to candidates seeking admission for an MBA programme through the CAT score, the last date for which was May 31, 2020.
Candidates who have already submitted the application forms will also be given an opportunity from July 1 until July 3, 2020 to edit the application forms. Candidates can register and edit the existing forms on the official website of the institute – ipu.ac.in
Steps to Register for IPU CET 2020
Interested candidates can refer to the steps given below to register online for IPU CET 2020.
- Visit the official website of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – ipu.ac.in
- On the primary menu of the homepage, under the “Admission 2020-21” tab, click on “Apply-Online Application Form for Admission 2020-20201” link.
- Read the given instructions and guidelines carefully before proceeding.
- Accept the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox and then click on the “Start” option.
- Enter the general details and click on the “Submit” button.
- A “login ID” and “Password” will be sent to the registered email address.
- Login using the credentials to fill out the application form.
- Pay the application fee through one of the online modes of payment.
About IPU CET 2020
IPU CET is a university-level common entrance examination conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for candidates seeking admission into undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma programmes. IPU CET 2020 was earlier scheduled to be held between April 25 and May 5, 2020. However, the exams were later postponed, and the final date for conducting the exam is yet to be released by GGSIPU.
The institute announced that from 2020 onwards, IPU CET will be a computer-based test. The exam will be conducted for 150 minutes and consists of 100 questions. The questions will be of multiple-choice type, where all questions are mandatory to be attempted. The candidates will be evaluated out of 400 marks. There will be negative marking except for those candidates seeking admission into M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes.