In a novel initiative by IIT students and alumni, the JEE Main and NEET aspirants will be able to commute to the examination venue hassle-free. Candidates who wish to avail of this facility need to register themselves at www.eduride.in by providing necessary details like the name of the examination, date, shift, and address of the venue. Request can also be made by dialing the number: 9311323756
IIT Delhi Director V Ramgopal Rao said that a lot of aspirants reached out to him and posted on social media platforms as well regarding the difficulty in commuting in the current scenario. Public transport is not feasible, while many of the students cannot afford a private vehicle or a cab. The portal is specially launched to assist those students belonging to the remote areas of India.
Developed under the mentorship of Rohit Koshy (Past President, IITDAA) and Sanskar Jain (IIT Bombay Alumnus), follows a two-way assistance mechanism. Not only do the students have to register for the ride, but any volunteer who would wish to lend a helping hand will also have to register. This way, the needy will get assistance. Follow the steps mentioned below to register for the ride.
Steps to Register for a Ride at EduRide.in
- Visit the official website www.eduride.in
- If you are a student, then click on “Student Registration” while the volunteers need to click on the adjacent column.
- Now enter the required credentials like exam, name, email, mobile number, and pin code.
- Now fill in the exam details.
- You will receive your login credentials.
- Request 10 AM to 5 PM IST.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS or email once done.
JEE Main is all scheduled to begin from tomorrow till 6 September, while NEET is scheduled for 13 September. Candidates can avail the facility and keep visiting the official website for more information.