IIT Ropar has launched two programs in collaboration with Canada-India Centre for Excellence (CICE), Canada at Carleton University and International School of Engineering (INSOFE) for senior and middle management teams. They are :
- Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Data Science for a duration of ten months.
- Advanced Certificate Program in Data Science for a duration of 3 months.
Post Graduate Program
- It is a course for senior management executives and is for a period of 10 months (weekend classes).
- It enables to put into effect a very selective research publication under the able guidance of a world class faculty.
- It also enables to present the publication as a thesis to a panel in collaboration with the Indo-Taiwan Joint Research Centre on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at IIT Ropar and the Canada India Centre for Excellence, Canada at Carleton University.
Advanced Certificate Program
- It is a course for middle management teams and is for a period of 3 months.
- It is specially designed to lead Data Science teams for management roles.
- It aids in the adoption of latest technologies of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science.
Both the programs offer the following :
- Hands on skill development through intensive bootcamps.
- Closely monitored guidance from world class thesis scholars.
- Deep dive classes
- full scale thesis submission
H. E. Madam Yen is of the opinion that there are several key areas where the two countries can collaborate with IIT Ropar playing a crucial role.
Prof. S K Das, Director of IIT Ropar opines that online education will be the future of skilling in India and that they aim to bring classroom teaching to the businesses and offices across the country which will help in reducing the productivity gap and increase greater learning of new-age disruptive technologies.
Associate Vice-President (Research and International), at Carleton University, Dr. Karen Schwartz, says that those looking to build their skills strongly, widen their knowledge, and improve their careers while gaining exposure to a new culture (both in industry and country perspectives), would find these programs a vital asset.
Professor and Dean (International Collaborations) -INSOFE, Dr. Ravishankar, is of the view that any aspirant that wanted to lead data science teams both from a technical & business perspectives would find these programs indispensable.
About IIT Ropar
IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Ropar, is one among the new 8 IITs established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India in the year 2008. It offers education programs (Bachelors) in the following areas :
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The above programs are for a period of 8 semesters and the admission is only for forty candidates in every branch. They are selected through the IIT-JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) held every year. The institute also offers doctoral programs in some areas.