The Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay has released the Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) 2020 schedule on the official website ceed.iitb.ac.in
As per the official circular, the registration process for the test will commence on October 9, 2019. CEED is an annual, national level entrance exam held in the month of January. It is conducted for the admissions to the Masters of Design and Ph.D programmes in Design offered at IISC Bangalore, IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kanpur, and IITDM Jabalpur respectively.
CEED 2020 will be conducted on Saturday, January 18, 2020 from 10am to 1pm IST. The interested candidates are advised to visit the official websites to complete the registration and application process. The important dates pertaining to the exam are as follows
Candidates will also be given a chance to make corrections in the admit card. The last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit card is January 7, 2020. The results for the examination will be released on March 4, 2020. The CEED 2020 Scorecard will be valid for a period of one year from the date of the declaration of the result.
CEED 2020 Application Form Details
The CEED 2020 Application Form will be available on the official website from October 9, 2019 till November 9, 2019. Although, there will be a late fee of INR 500 applicable to all candidates for registration submitted after the regular closing date till November 16, 2019. The documents required for the application process are as follows
- Recent colour photograph and scanned copy of signature (.jpg file).
- Copy of degree/diploma certificate. If you do not have the final degree certificate, upload the copy of the final year mark or the provisional certificate. If the course is not completed, a certificate from the Principal of the college/Head of the department should be submitted.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category have to produce valid category certificates issued by concerned authorities.
- Candidates belonging to the PWD category should produce a valid medical certificate.
- PwD candidates who require extra time during the CEED Exam need to upload a request letter.
Note – The above-mentioned documents, during the online registration are to be uploaded as electronic files only
CEED 2020 Examination Pattern
CEED 2020 will be conducted in the computer-based mode which will evaluate the students’ visualization and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language and creativity, observation and design sensitivity. The examination will be divided into two parts. Part A will contain numerical answer questions, multiple select questions, and multiple-choice questions. Only those candidates who qualify in Part A will be able to appear for Part B.
The official CEED 2020 brochure released by IIT Bombay can be accessed by clicking on the direct link provided here – CEED 2020 Brochure.