The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology or IIST Thiruvananthapuram, has commenced the registration procedure for undergraduate programs. Interested candidates must visit the official website www.iist.ac.in to fill in the application form. IIST has released the application forms for admission into various integrated B.Tech programs.
The registration process started on 27 September 2020, and the deadline for the same is 7 October 2020, till 5:00 PM IST. The scores obtained by the candidates in JEE Advanced 2020 would be taken into consideration by the authorities while preparing the merit list, based on which the admission would be granted. Candidates can refer to the steps given below to fill the application form.
How to Fill the IIST 2020 Application Form?
- Visit the official website – www.iist.ac.in
- On top of the landing page, find the tab titled “Admissions.”
- Click on the tab.
- Next, click on “2020 Admissions.”
- Now click on “Online Portal.”
- Go to “Click here for Online Portal.”
- Find the active link, which mentions, “Step 1 and Step 2: Create Login and Register,” and click on it.
- Fill in the required credentials, i.e., JEE Advanced 2020 Roll Number, Date of Birth, and Captcha Code.
- Once done, proceed to ‘Step 2’.
- Upload the required documents as per the mentioned specifications.
- Pay the requisite application fee.
- When done, download and print a copy for future reference.
Candidates must note that the admission to IIST 2020 is open for integrated B.Tech programs, like 4-Year B.Tech. ( Aerospace Engineering ), 4-Year B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering (Avionics)), 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech. + Master of Science/Master of Technology).
The Dual Degree Program runs for 5-years (10 Semesters). On successful completion, the students will be awarded a B.Tech. Degree in Engineering Physics and a Master of Science/ M.Tech. Degree in one of the following four postgraduate streams: Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics, Master of Science in Solid State Physics, M.Tech. in Earth System Science, M.Tech. in Optical Engineering.
The admission will be based entirely on the JEE Advanced 2020 scores. The merit list will be prepared after the announcement of results. In the meantime, candidates are advised to keep visiting the official website for the latest developments.