The Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), through an official notification on 5 August 2020, notified the release of application forms. The application forms for Post Graduate Diploma courses for the current academic year have already been released on the official website. The deadline to submit the application forms is 28 August 2020. Candidates who wish to do PGD in Advertising and Public Relations, Radio and Television Journalism, Journalism in the Hindi medium, and Journalism in the English medium can visit the official website – www.iimc.nic.in to fill out the application form.
How to Fill out the IIMC 2020 PGD Application Form?
- Visit the official website www.iimc.nic.in
- Find the section titled “News and Announcement.”
- Click on the active link “Online Application Form for PG Diploma Courses 2020-21”.
- Now click on the link mentioned at the bottom of the heading.
- Click on “New Registration.”
- Fill in the required credentials.
- Hit the submit button.
- You will receive a Unique Registration Number (URN) after the successful submission of the credentials.
- Use URN to log in again.
- Complete the registration process by uploading all the necessary documents in the correct format.
- Once done, pay the requisite application fee.
- Save a copy of the application form for future reference.
Documents Required for IIMC 2020 PGD Application Form
Scanned/soft copy of the following documents is required to fill out the application form:
- Photograph of Applicant (Allowed file size: 10-50kb, Allowed File Type: jpg/jpeg/png)
- Signature of Applicant (Allowed file size:10-50kb, Allowed File Type: jpg/jpeg/png)
- Documents of Applicant (Allowed file size: 50-100kb, Allowed File Type: jpg/jpeg/png/pdf)
- Documents include the following:
- Matriculation or Class 10 Board Certificate.
- Class 12 Board Certificate.
- UG mark sheet (passed or awaited)
- PG mark sheet (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate
- Age Certificate
- Statement of Purpose.
Essential Factors to Keep in Mind:
- The deadline for the submission of the online application form is 28 August 2020.
- A requisite application fee of INR 1000 for the unreserved category and INR 750 for the reserved category should be paid to complete the registration process.
- If you select the course “Journalism in English,” you will have to indicate your preferred city for pursuing the same. The options are:
- New Delhi
The Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi, is a renowned institution under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of India. IIMC was a part of JNU in the past, but it has grown to become an autonomous body. Each year hundreds of meritorious students qualify the entrance examination to study various Mass Com courses listed under the institution.
IIMC has decided not to conduct the entrance examination for the current academic year. Consequently, the selections will be carried out based on the merit list published by the IIMC authorities. This decision was undertaken, keeping in mind the welfare of the students. Candidates should keep visiting the official website for future updates.