The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Sambalpur has started on-campus classes after 11 months of COVID-19 shutdown. The institute will also conduct online classes for students who live far and could not join the physical classes. The campus has been reopened for both first and second-year students.
As per an official statement, the institute is also adopting all precautionary measures and COVID-19 guidelines issued by the government authorities.
Every school, college and institute was shut down in March 2020 due to the pandemic, and the classes were conducted in online mode since then. IIM Sambalpur was also conducting online classes and examinations using online proctoring systems. But 11 months after the shutdown, the institute has reopened the gates for first and second-year students. Along with IIM Sambalpur, IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Calcutta have also reopened the on-campus classes for students.
IIM Sambalpur COVID-19 Guidelines
The institute is taking all the safety measures amid COVID-19. It has laid down a set of guidelines that students must follow during on-campus classes. Refer to the list of the following guidelines issued by IIM Sambalpur:
- Each student will have to self-quarantine themselves for a prescribed period of 14 days.
- Students will be required to wear masks all the time, whenever outside their hostel room.
- Students will have to go through the thermal scanning of their body temperature before attending the on-campus classes.
- Social distancing and hand sanitizing is compulsory while moving on campus.
- The meal timing for students and staff has been scheduled in batches to follow COVID-19 guidelines.
- For symptomatic students or staff members, two rooms equipped with oxygen cylinders and other essential facilities have been arranged by the institute in a separate building.
- There will be regular health check-ups for the students.