With the Common Admission Test or CAT 2020 registration deadline approaching near, here is a reminder to all the aspirants to apply before 16 September 2020 to avoid any hassle. IIM may or may not extend the deadline further, so it is better to avoid such a risk. With the final exam slated for 29 November 2020, the candidates are now in full preparation mode. The CAT 2020 registration commenced on 5 August 2020, with a few changes being incorporated for the current academic year keeping in mind the pandemic situation. Here is a guide to applying for CAT 2020 if you haven’t already done so.
Steps to Apply for IIM CAT 2020
- Visit the official website – www.iimcat.ac.in
- On the right-hand side corner, click on “New Candidate Registration.”
- Read the given instructions very carefully before applying.
- Enter the required credentials, i.e., name, date of birth, valid email address, valid phone number, and nationality.
- Now click on “Generate OTP.”
- CAT User ID and Password will be sent to the registered email address or phone number.
- You will have to login again using this particular credentials to complete the CAT registration process.
- Once you log in again, fill in the required details.
- Upload the scanned copy of the recent passport size image and signature in the particular format asked by IIM.
- After filling in all the details, pay the required application fee (INR 2000 for unreserved and INR 1000 for reserved category) to complete the registration process.
Essential Guidelines for Applying CAT 2020
- Candidates must use either of these internet browsers to fill out the application forms (i.e., Edge, Chromium, Mozilla Firefox (version 56 and above), or Google Chrome (version 59 and above).
- The candidate must read the declaration at the bottom of the page before clicking on the “Submit” button.
- Candidates will have to enter a minimum of six examination centre choices. The list for the same is available on the official website.
- Following this, candidates must also choose the centre (city) for the interview.
- The scanned copy of the image and the signature has to be in JPEG/JPG format, and the size of the file should not be more than 80 KB.
- The application fee is to be paid only once, no matter how many institutes you apply to.
- It should be noted that the deadline for the submission of the CAT 2020 application form is 16 September 2020.
About IIM CAT
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) every year. CAT is an aptitude based test that tests the candidates in areas such as Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Quantitative Ability (QA). After qualifying CAT, a candidate can get into the top B Schools in India.
CAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT) of 180 mins. A total of 100 MCQs are asked, and each correct response gets three marks. There is a generic negative marking scheme that is followed. Candidates must remember that to get into a reputed B School, he/she has to achieve a high score. IIM CAT is one of the toughest nuts to crack. Aspirants must prepare well to ace the examination.