Indira Gandhi National Open University along with the Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited has started the applications for the admissions to the work-based BBA programme July 2020 session in online mode. Candidates wishing to apply for the Bachelor of Business Administration (Services Management) programme can apply by visiting the IGNOU official website- ignou.mkcl.org
Important dates and events of Work Based BBA Program 2020
|Admission notification||April 1, 2020|
|Filling the Online Application for Entrance Exam including payment of fees||April 1, 2020 to June 10, 2020|
|Online Entrance Exam||June 14, 2020|
|Publishing list of shortlisted candidates on website||June 18, 2020|
|Preferences for Workplaces, Interviews by Industry, Selection||June 20, 2020 to July 10, 2020|
|Verification of eligibility by the University, Filling the University Admission Form along with Payment of Fees by selected candidates||Upto July 15, 2020|
|Confirmation of admission by the University||Upto July 20, 2020|
|Start of the program / Joining at Workplace provided by Industry Partner||Date of joining as communicated by the industry partner before July 31, 2020|
Application, selection and admission process
- Students are supposed to register, fill the application form and pay the required amount of fee.
- Students can revise using the practice papers available for the exam and then have to appear for it.
- Post the exam, the list of shortlisted candidates will be announced.
- Students then have to fill the online application form for the workplace. After this, the personal interview will be conducted for the shortlisted students by the Industry Partners offering the workplace.
- The admission will be deemed completed once the students fill and submit the University Admission Form and upload the documents for verification.
- The selected students can pay the admission fee and complete the admission procedure.
- Should have qualified in 10+2 or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution as on 1st July, 2020.
- Should have attained at least 18 years of age, as on 1st July, 2020.
- Should have qualified in the entrance examination conducted for the purpose of admission to this programme.
- Should be working /willing to work in the services industry as a full time Employee/Intern /Apprentice.
Role of the Industry
Industry Partners play a pivotal role in the overall learning process of a candidate. Industry contributes in the following manner:
- Provision to complete the practicals in the workplace of the industry partner.
- Industry partners also rate the work done by the candidate.
- Industry Personnel will be appointed as a mentor to give a ‘human touch’ in the overall learning process of the candidates.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University came into existence by the Act of Parliament in 1985 to achieve the following goals:
- Education is taken into the doorstep of the students.
- It provides education irrespective of formal qualifications, age and region.
- Provides need based academic programs.
- Facilitating distance education in India.
- Soaring great heights in offering distance education in India.
About Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Ltd (MKCL)
In 2001, department of Higher and Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra, India promoted MKCL as a public limited company. Its main functions are:
- To integrate Information Technology in teaching, learning and educational management processes.
- Facilitate socio-economic transformative processes.