The Indira Gandhi National Open University or IGNOU has released a notification on its official web portal. According to the official notification, the admission process for the July 2020 cycle has been extended till 31 October 2020.
Candidates who wish to apply for various undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma programs can visit the official website – ignou.ac.in before the prescribed deadline. Candidates must note that the deadline for admission has not been extended for Certificate and Semester-based Programs.
Steps to Apply for IGNOU July 2020 Admission Cycle
Candidates who still haven’t registered for the IGNOU July 2020 admission cycle must follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:
- Visit the official website – ignou.ac.in
- At the top of the landing page, find the tab titled, “Register Online.”
- From the drop-down menu, click on the option which says “Fresh Admissions.”
- Once done, enter the required credentials: i.e., “Username, Candidate’s Name, Email Address, Password, and Mobile Number.”
- Enter the security code and click on the ‘register’ button.
- Proceed further to fill out the application form.
- Save a copy of the acknowledgement of the filled application form for future reference.
Essential Documents Required at the Time of Registration
Candidates must take note of the list of following documents required while filling out the IGNOU 2020 application form:
- Scanned photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of age proof (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of relevant educational qualifications (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of experience certificate (if any) (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of category certificate if SC/ST/OBC (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of BPL certificate if below poverty line (less than 200 KB)
Furthermore, IGNOU suggests scanning documents from your originals ones. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button and you will get the form preview option. Make sure that all the records are accurate to avoid confusion during the time of verification. Candidates must keep visiting the official website for the latest updates.