Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission ( HPPSC ) released notification regarding the conduction of State Eligibility Test (SET)- 2019, registrations can be submitted on HPPSC official website once it becomes active
HPSET for 2019 will be conducted in 22 subjects in different examination centers located at Shimla, Solan, Mandi, Dharamshala, Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Nahan, Una, Kullu, and Chamba in the state of Himachal Pradesh. HPSET is conducted for determining the eligibility for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professor(s) in Universities and colleges located in the state.
The final date to make registration for HPSET 2019 is 30th December 2019, as mentioned by the notification.
The subjects for which HPSET 2019 is getting conducted are 1. Chemical Sciences 2. English 3. Life Sciences 4. Public Administration 5. Computer Science and Applications 6. Commerce 7. Economics 8. Geography 9. Hindi 10. History 11. Mathematical Sciences 12. Music 13. Physical Sciences 14.Physical Education 15. Sociology 16. Sanskrit 17. Political Science 18. Tourism Administration and Management 19. Mass Communication and Journalism 20. Philosophy 21. Psychology Education.
Steps to download HPSET 2019 Notification
- Go to HPPSC official website hppsc.hp.gov.in
- Click the ‘Advertisement No. 21/2019 (State Eligibility Test-2019)’ link under ‘What’s New’ section.
- The released notification will be opened on the next page.
- View or download the notification at your convenience.
HPSET 2019: Exam Pattern
HPSET will have two papers: Paper-I & Paper-II.
Paper-I: Paper-I consists of 50 objective type compulsory questions carrying 02 marks each. The questions in this session are determined to test the reasoning ability, comprehensive thinking, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidates.
Paper-II: Paper-I consists of 100 objective type compulsory questions carrying 02 marks each.
All the questions asked in this section are compulsory. These questions cover the entire syllabus that was uploaded on the website of the Commission and of the UGC.
Important Instructions for the Candidates
- The released notification has detailed description about the eligibility of the candidates. Aspirants are suggested to go through those instructions before filling the application form.
- The printout of online admission /Identity card should be bought to the exam center by the candidate on the day of examination (with a passport size photograph).
- Candidates are not supposed to bring calculators, Log Tables, Mobile phones, pagers, electronic devices, etc. to the Examination Hall/Room.
- Both papers Paper-I & Paper-II are mandatory for the candidates.