In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) has decided to provide aspirants with a second chance to fill out the Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) form. The GUJCET 2020 application form is set to reopen for candidates from 18-07-2020 to 31-07-2020. Aspirants who missed the opportunity are advised to go through the guidelines provided by GSEB thoroughly to avoid committing any error. The exam is rescheduled to be held on 22-08-2020.
In addition to this, the aspirants who want to make the necessary changes to their particulars, choice of centre for examination, photograph or signature, can do so. This submission shall be considered final and no further changes shall be entertained.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
- Candidates should visit the official website – gujcet.gesb.org in order to fill in the application form.
- The aspirants who are planning to fill the form have to pay an additional late fee of INR 1200 along with the application fee of INR 300.
- The candidates who have already completed the procedure of filling the form are not required to pay any late fee.
- The exam is scheduled for 22 August, 2020. Notifications for the release of admit cards will be released soon.
- Registration for counselling has also been started by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC).
- All GUJCET candidates need to register at ACPC website www.jacpcldce.ac.in by 8 August in order to be considered for counselling and admission process.
GSEB conducts the GUJCET every year to grant admission to students who have passed their higher secondary with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology to professional courses like B.Tech, B.E and B.Pharm. By clearing the examination, the students are able to secure a seat for themselves in either public or private institutions under Gujrat state government.
It is not mandatory for the aspirant to belong from Gujarat to be able to appear for the examination, although preference is always taken into consideration. For further details, keep checking the official website to keep yourself updated.