Consequent upon the extension of COVID-19 lockdown till May 3, 2020, GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test) 2020 has been postponed by The Directorate of Technical Education, Goa. According to the reports, GCET 2020 is likely to be conducted in June 2020 or thereafter. GCET was earlier scheduled to be conducted on May 5 and May 6, 2020. An official notification regarding postponement of GCET 2020 has been issued on the official website of DTE- dte.goa.gov.in
Details in the notification
The official notification stated that, as a result of COVID-19 pandemic, GCET which was scheduled to be conducted on May 5, 2020 and May 6, 2020 has been postponed. It further notified that announcement of new dates for GCET 2020 are subject to the announcement of dates of JEE Main and NEET UG or any other urgent demands. Exact dates of GCET-2020 exam shall be notified 10 days prior to the conduct of the examination. The datesheet of all other admission related activities notified in the prospectus shall also be revised and notified.
GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test) 2020, is conducted for admitting students into B.E., B.Pharm courses in the State of Goa. It will be conducted in various centers, across the State of Goa. GCET will assess students on physics, chemistry and maths and is based on the XII standard syllabi of Goa Board.
The Government of Goa established Directorate of Technical Education in 1986 primarily to grant permission to start new colleges, introduce new diploma courses, ensuring the proper functioning of Engineering colleges, Polytechnics, Pharmacy, Hotel Management, Architecture & Art colleges under its regime. It also has the following responsibilities:
- Promote new Courses and Technical Education Institutions in the State of Goa.
- Establishing a dedicated Board of Technical Education to promote Technical Education in the State of Goa.
- Create a centralized admission into Technical and Professional Institutes for the students in the State of Goa.
- Allocate Budget, distribute funds for Technical Education in the State.
- Regulate Technical Education and Institutes in the State of Goa through rules and regulations as approved by the State Government.
- Manage human resources of Directorate of Technical Education and Technical Educational Institutions.