The Indian Institute of Technology or IIT Bombay has released the official notification for the GATE 2021 registration process. The notification contains the GATE 2021 schedule and essential guidelines for filling out the application form. Application forms will be made available from 14 September 2020 at www.appsgate.iitb.ac.in for interested candidates to fill out. The deadline to fill out the form is 30 September 2020, while the examination is slated from 5 to 14 February 2021. The results are expected to be released on 22 March 2021.
IIT GATE 2020 Important Dates
|Important Events||Corresponding Dates|
|GATE 2020 Registration Begins||14 September 2020|
|Deadline for Filling gate 2020 Application Form||30 September 2020|
|Deadline with Late Fee Applicable (INR 500/-)||7 October 2020|
|Correction Window Functional On||13 November 2020|
|GATE 2020 Exam Date||5 to 7 February 2021 and
12 to 14 February 2021
List of Documents Required for GATE 2020 Application Form
Candidates must note that the GATE application form requires a specific procedure of uploading various documents in a proper format. Candidates must keep the following documents handy to avoid confusion while filling the application form:
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s image, photograph, and signature as per the prescribed format and size.
- Scanned copy of the eligibility certificate in pdf format; Degree or Provisional certificate or certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute (in the specified format)
- Scanned copy of Category Certificate (SC/ST), PwD, or Dyslexia certificate (if applicable) in a PDF format.
- Undertaking for candidates of Jammu and Kashmir (candidates who are unable to obtain documents due to restrictions in the region).
- All the documents produced should be original because they are subject to verification by the authorities.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is basically a national examination that evaluates candidates’ comprehensive understanding in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Arts, Commerce, and Science. GATE 2021 will be conducted for 27 Subjects (also referred to as “papers”).
Candidates must note that due to the ongoing pandemic situation, IIT Bombay has decided not to include foreign centres for the 2021 examination. To refer to the entire brochure, candidates must visit the official website.