The Indian Institute of Technology or IIT Bombay started the GATE 2021 registration process on 11 September 2020. The official notification, which was released earlier, contains the GATE 2021 schedule and essential guidelines for filling out the application form. Interested candidates must visit the official website – www.appsgate.iitb.ac.in to fill out the application form. The deadline to fill out the form is 30 September 2020, while the examination is slated from 5 to 14 February 2021. The results are expected to be released on 22 March 2021.
Steps to Fill GATE 2021 Application Form
- Visit the official website – www.appsgate.iitb.ac.in
- Scroll down a bit and click on “New User? Register Here” link.
- Register by entering your name, email Id, phone number, and set a password.
- Once done, log in again using the credentials.
- Enter the particulars.
- Upload the asked documents in the correct format.
- Pay the application fee.
- Take a print out of the application form for future reference.
IIT GATE 2021 Important Dates
|Important Events||Corresponding Dates|
|GATE 2020 registration begins||11 September 2020|
|Deadline to fill out GATE 2021 application form||30 September 2020|
|Deadline with late fee applicable (INR 500/-)||7 October 2020|
|Correction window functional on||13 November 2020|
|GATE 2021 exam date||5 to 7 February 2021 and
12 to 14 February 2021
List of Documents Required
Candidates must note that the application form of GATE requires a specific procedure of uploading various documents in a proper format. Candidates must keep the following documents handy to avoid confusion while filling out the application form:
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s image, photograph, and signature as per the prescribed format and size.
- Scanned copy of the eligibility certificate in pdf format; Degree or Provisional certificate or certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute (in the specified format)
- Scanned copy of Category Certificate (SC/ST), PwD, or Dyslexia Certificate (if applicable) in a PDF format.
- Undertaking for candidates of Jammu and Kashmir (candidates who are unable to obtain documents due to restrictions in the region).
- All the documents produced should be original because they are subject to verification by the authorities.