IIT Bombay has announced the registration date for GATE 2021. Along with the dates, they have released the GATE exam information brochure too. As per the official information brochure, GATE registration for the 2021 batch will start from September 14, 2020. The last date to fill out the application form will be September 30, 2020. The application will also be available till October 7, 2020, with additional fees for late registration. The GATE application form will be available online on the website – gate.iitb.ac.in
Candidates will be provided with the facility to make corrections in the category, paper, and examination city in their filled application form up to November 13 by paying an additional fee. GATE 2021 admit card will be issued to all registered candidates on January 8, 2021. The schedule of the GATE 2021 exam had already been released by the IIT Bombay earlier. GATE 2021 will be conducted from February 5 to 7 and 12 to 14. Candidates can download the brochure from the GATE 2021 official website to check the syllabus, exam pattern, and other important information about the exam.
Important Changes in GATE 2021
- IT Bombay has added two new papers, Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Science (XH), in GATE 2021. With the addition of humanities and social science, students of arts and commerce background can also appear in the GATE exam.
- Syllabus for each of the 25 old papers has been revised for GATE 2021. The changes can be viewed on the website as well as in the brochure.
- A new type of question – Multiple Select Questions and/or Numerical Answer Type Questions will be asked.
- Also, the eligibility criteria for GATE 2021 has been revised. As per the new criteria, candidates who are in their pre-final year of qualifying degree can also appear in GATE.
- Another thing that has been added is that candidates can appear in two subjects, unlike one until the last years.