The Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay or IIT Bombay, the conducting body of GATE 2021 has released an official notification regarding the correction of the application forms. According to the notification, the GATE 20201 Correction Window will open from 28 October 2020. Only registered candidates will be able to use the facility in the correction window.
Modus Operandi of GATE 2021 Correction Window
Candidates must take note of the following points before starting the procedure of correction of the application:
- In order to use the facility of the correction window, candidates will have to log in to the GOAPS Candidate Portal by using their email id and password.
- The correction window will open from 28 October 2020.
- Default candidates will be notified in advance so that nobody is at a disadvantage.
- The list will consist of – application forms rejected due to duplicity; application forms rejected due to multiple submission of applications and applications which do not meet the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates will have the option of changing the exam centre, which they must choose wisely keeping in mind the current situation.
- The exam centre should be filled in order of preference.
- Additionally, candidates must also rectify mistakes in document formatting, photograph, signature and category (if applicable).
- To avail the facility as mentioned above, candidates will have to pay a requisite processing fee, but the exam center change facility doesn’t involve any processing fee.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) for the 2021 academic session will be conducted from 5 February 2021 to 7 February 2021. For the new academic session, Social Sciences and Humanities students will also be eligible to fill the GATE application forms. The admit cards for the same will be available on 8 January 2021 according to the schedule. Candidates are advised to keep visiting the official website for regular updates.