The Indian Institute of Technology or IIT Bombay, the conducting body of GATE 2021, will facilitate the GATE 2021 application correction option starting tomorrow, i.e., 28 October 2020. Based on the latest updates, candidates will be able to use the correction facility by logging in to the official portal and entering the required credentials. The last date to submit the corrected application form is 13 November 2020.
Correction Facility for GATE 2021 Applicants
Candidates who applied for the GATE 2021 examination must keep the following details in mind before using the correction facility:
- Candidates need to visit the official website and log in to the GOAPS candidate portal to exercise the correction window.
- Apart from necessary corrections like the document formatting and document size, candidates will have the option of changing the examination venue, make changes in the category, and opt/ change the subject of examination.
- For availing the facility as mentioned above, candidates will have to pay an additional processing fee of INR 500/-.
- But the facility for altering the examination venue would not require any charges.
- Candidates must choose the examination venue very carefully to avoid last-minute hiccups.
IIT Bombay Will Duly Inform Default Candidates
Once the GATE 2021 conducting body receives the total number of applications after the deadline is over, every article is subjected to strict scrutiny. As a result, the default list is prepared, and such candidates are informed beforehand via SMS or Email.
This is done to ensure that no candidate is at a disadvantage and receives ample time to correct the form. IIT Bombay recently extended the deadline for submitting the application forms till 7 October 2020. Candidates who haven’t registered yet must do so before the deadline.
Essential Changes in GATE 2021
IIT Bombay, the conducting body for GATE 2021, has made certain amendments to the examination. Candidates must take note of the following changes:
- IIT Bombay has added two new papers, Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Science (XH), in GATE 2021. With the addition of humanities and social science, students of arts and commerce background can also appear in the GATE exam.
- The syllabus for each of the 25 old papers has been revised. The changes can be viewed on the website as well as in the brochure.
- A new type of question – Multiple Select Questions and Numerical Answer Type Questions will be asked.
- Also, the eligibility criteria for GATE 2021 has been revised. As per the new standards, candidates who are in their pre-final year of qualifying degree can also appear in GATE.
- Another thing added is that candidates can appear in two subjects, unlike one until the last years.