Indian Institute of Technology or IIT Bombay, the conducting body of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE 2021 examination, has restarted the application form correction facility for GATE 2021. Earlier, the facility was closed down on 13 November 2020, but the correction window has been reopened till 23 November 2020. Those candidates who still haven’t made the necessary corrections must avail the facility by visiting the official website, gate.iitb.ac.in before the prescribed deadline.
Candidates can also visit GOAPS online portal at appsgate.iitb.ac.in to make corrections in their application forms. It is to be noted that all the details cannot be modified. Those which can be modified include exam city preference, the choice of paper, and category. Any changes made in the preference of exam city are free, but changes made to either the paper or category will result in the payment of some fees.
How to Avail GATE 2021 Application Form Correction Facility?
- Visit the official website – gate.iitb.ac.in
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the individual links for the category, paper, and exam city changes, and read all the instructions carefully.
- Now scroll down and click on “GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).”
- Enter your enrolment id and password.
- Click on “Submit.”
- Your application form will be displayed on the screen.
- Make the necessary changes as you deem fit.
- Carefully verify and save the details.
- Make the fee payment, if required.
- Save a copy or take a print out of the application form for future reference.
To change the category or exam paper, candidates will have to pay a fee of INR 500. The last date for requesting these changes in GATE 2021 application form is 23 November 2020. Earlier, candidates were notified about the required changes to their application forms by the authorities after proper scrutiny, which was to be done on or before 13 November 2020. The GATE 2021 examination is scheduled for the month of February next year.