Indian Institute of Technology or IIT Bombay, started the application form correction facility for GATE 2021 on 28 October 2020. Candidates who have already registered for the GATE 2021 exam and still haven’t made changes to their application must avail the facility by visiting gate.iitb.ac.in the official website. Candidates can also visit the GOAPS online portal at appsgate.iitb.ac.in to make corrections to their application forms.
Candidates must note that the last date to do so is today, i.e., 13 October 2020. It is to be noted that all the details cannot be modified. Those which can be modified include exam city preference, the choice of paper, and category. Any changes made in the preference of exam city are free, but changes made to either the paper or category will result in the payment of some fees.
How to Avail GATE 2021 Application Form Correction Facility?
The GATE 2021 registered candidates who were notified by IIT Bombay regarding the corrections that need to be made and still haven’t done so must follow the steps mentioned below to make the changes:
- Visit the official website – gate.iitb.ac.in
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the individual links for category, paper, and exam city changes and read all the instructions carefully.
- Now scroll down and click on “GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).”
- Enter your enrollment id and password.
- Click on “Submit.”
- Your application form will be displayed on the screen.
- Make the necessary changes as you deem fit.
- Carefully verify and save the details.
- Make the fee payment, if required.
- Save a copy or take a print out of the application form for future reference.
To change the category or exam paper, candidates will have to pay a fee of INR 500. Earlier, candidates were notified about any required changes to their application forms by the authorities, after proper scrutiny. The GATE 2021 examination is scheduled for the month of February next year. Candidates must keep visiting the official website for the latest updates.