Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has started the application form correction facility for GATE 2021. Those candidates who are already registered for the GATE exam and want to modify any of the details can avail the facility by visiting gate.iitb.ac.in the official website. Candidates can also visit GOAPS online portal at appsgate.iitb.ac.in to make corrections in their application form.
It is to be noted that all the details cannot be modified. Those which can be modified include exam city preference, the choice of paper and category. Any changes made in the preference of exam city are free, but changes made to either the paper or category will result in the payment of some fees. The last date to make any such change is until 13 November 2020.
How to Avail GATE 2021 Application Form Correction Facility?
- Visit the official website – gate.iitb.ac.in
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the individual links for category, paper and exam city changes and read all the instructions carefully.
- Now scroll down and click on “GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).”
- Enter your enrollment id and password.
- Click on “Submit.”
- Your application form will be displayed on the screen.
- Make the necessary changes as you deem fit.
- Carefully verify and save the details.
- Make a fee payment, if required.
- Save a copy or take a print out of the application form for future reference.
To change the category or exam paper, candidates will have to pay a fee of INR 500. The last date for requesting for these changes in GATE 2021 application form is 13 November 2020. Earlier, candidates were notified about any required changes to their application forms by the authorities after proper scrutiny. The GATE 2021 examination is scheduled for the month of February next year.