IIT Delhi will release the application form for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) on September 3, 2019 on its official website. Candidates can visit the official website and register for the exam. An applicant can register for the GATE 2020 between September 3, 2019 and October 24, 2019. Candidates can fill the application form only after completing the registration process. The examination will be held on February 1, 2, 8 and 9 respectively.
GATE 2020 Registration Process
The Registration Form will be available for candidates to apply from September 3, 2019. The GATE Application will be available on the GOAPs (GATE Online Application Process System) portal. All candidates are advised to fill the form well before the last date.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
Candidates can apply for this exam through Gate Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The steps to register online for the exam are as follows
- Visit the GATE 2020 Official website to register iitd.ac.in
- Enter the personal details such as Name, Email ID, Country and other requested credentials
- Create the login password. It should be unique and 8-15 characters long.
- Enter the Captcha provided and click submit for completing GATE Registration.
- If the entered details are correct, an SMS and an email will be sent to your mobile number and email address respectively.
After successful registration, an email containing the GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate on the registered email address. This ID will be used for submitting GATE 2020 Application Form, downloading GATE Admit Card and for the purpose of checking result and downloading the scorecard.
GATE 2020 Application Form
IIT Delhi will release application form on September 3, 2019. Candidates can visit the official website and fill in the GATE 2020 Application Form Details and submit it before October 24, 2019 if not candidates will have to pay a Late Fee of 500 INR.
Documents required – GATE 2020
The list of documents required for the GATE 2020 application process have been listed below
- Educational qualification details
- A passport size photograph (against a white background)
- Signature in blue or black ink.
- Scanned copy of your educational certificates.
- Scanned copy of caste certificate/category (SC/ST) if applicable
- Scanned copy of PWD Certificate (if applicable).
- A Scanned copy of Dyslexia Certificate (if applicable).
- Valid ID Document
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment.
Steps to Submit GATE 2019 Application Form
- Log on to GOAPS official website and click on ‘New Registration’
- Enter personal details, e-mail ID, mobile number, password and select submit
- Now login using e-mail ID and Password and select ‘Application form’ link
- On the redirected page, enter personal details such as name, gender, date of birth etc
- Upload scanned photograph, signature, degree certificate, category certificate (if applicable).
- Save the application form. Pay the fee through net banking/debit card/credit card.
- Submit the application form and take the printout of the acknowledgement page.
GATE 2020 Fee Payment Details
The application Fee for SC/ST/ Female candidates is INR 750 whereas for other candidates it is INR 1500. For international students, the GATE exam fee is $50. The fee can only be paid in online mode.
For more information or queries regarding the exam, candidates are advised to visit the official exam website http://gate.iitm.ac.in/ or contact the following helpline number 044-22578200.